Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Personal Insight

This should be brief, but we all know what happens when I say that.

I am always trying to understand myself. I'm always looking within, trying to better understand my motivations, and without trying to understand the forces outside myself that drive me. It is a never-ending process. Well, today I further refined my understanding of my ADD a little. Essentially, it takes two shapes.


One is simple reading. When I am in the grips of this ADD I am into reading games for the joy of reading. It is sort of a manic time, seeing me bounce from title to title. I am easily swayed by the least little thing, such as the mention of another game or even a mechanic from another game, a song that was popular during a favorite campaign can also trigger a change.


The other type is when I am trying to settle on a system to work with. One I can tinker with house rules and setting stuff, like maps and custom rules tweaks. This one isn't quite as helter-skelter. It usually centers around a small number of similar systems. Eventually, it will settle on one system and all will be right with the world.


Right now I am in a Reading Phase, so be prepared for a whirlwind of titles the next few days. At least I hope it isn't more than a few days . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment