Sunday, March 11, 2012

Damn you, ADD!

No, not that AD(&)D. I'm referring, of course, to my gamer's ADD. It has been discussed at length about books and movies inspiring us. I hate it when I'm not just inspired, but my whole gaming mood gets freaking hijacked. See, I had a nice little thing going for Alternity again. Nothing major, not quite enough to post about yet, but I was trying to coax the embers into a flame. Then, my wife spake the fateful words:

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/immortals-movie-poster-poseidon1.jpg

"Do you want to watch Immortals on pay-per-view tonight?"

 So, naturally, my mood swung instantly to Mazes & Minotaurs. It was on my mind only a couple of weeks ago, so traces of that mood were lingering. All it took was about 15 minutes of the movie to bring M&M right back to the front and center.


 

Not that it's a bad thing, I mean it is a really awesome game. And Minotaur #10 did just come out. Not only is it a fantastic game, it makes use of all the range of dice, meaning all my recently-found collection can be called into action.

Oh, the movie, you ask? It wasn't bad for what it was. The lighting was rather dark and sort of murky looking. I'm not very much of a Mickey Rourke fan, either. I can take him in small doses, like the smarmey lawyer in Man On Fire. Principle antagonist gives him too much screen time for me. The movie most definitely inspired me to want to explore over-the-top Hellenic adventure gaming, though. It did that in spades.

I'm curious, though, which is sort of the point of this post. Do any of you have a certain movie(s) that is(are) sure to fire up a certain gaming interest/mood?

No comments:

Post a Comment