Monday, May 7, 2012

My Campaign World

Alright, here we go. This is a world I've worked on, off-and-on, since sometime around 1990 or '91. It has gone through certain changes, including maps and writings, over the years. Mostly due to trying to warp it to fit whatever system I've been enthralled by at the time. I can't even count how many times I've picked it up and put it down again. Now, I've picked it back up. I'm not going to warp it anymore. I believe the LBBs are flexible enough to fit right in without requiring the setting to reflect certain unalterable aspects of the rules.

Now that the preamble is out of the way, here is the basic map of Northern Calanthas, the principle campaign area. It has seen the most specific development. It is the northern half of an island-continent (most of the continents are island-continents), which is divided by the Sundering Sea. The "d" in Sundering is hard to see on the map because I forgot to write it.

Northern Calanthas


I've also added a brief introduction to the Northlands to my Pages section, so be sure to grab that to go with the map. I have a lot of stuff written for this. It is in various stages of development, and reflects my interest in a number of systems. My goal is to post it as I get it at least a little cleaned up (hopefully polished), and stripped of specific system references. Please feel free to offer any comments or thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment