Thursday, July 4, 2013

Massive Dice

I finally decided to order some dice for DCC. I only ordered d14s and d30s. I can "split" the d14 for a d7. I know I can simulate the d30 with a d10 and d6 as an "adder", but I didn't want to. I didn't get the d16 or d24 because I was worried they may look too similar to other dice (maybe I over-thought that one). Anyway, I ordered them Sunday and they arrived yesterday. That is freakishly fast. Oh, and they are HUGE.

Here are a couple of pics, one alongside a d20 and d10, in front of my DCC tome, you know, for perspective. The other is my dice box with the new boulders occupying almost 20% of the box.



I love being a game geek. A lot has made of nostalgia. This whole DCC experience has really taken me back, right down to having to mail order things I want for the game. This is so awesome and I am loving it.

3 comments:

  1. I have some big clunky dice for DCC too. Koplow I think. I did go for the d16 and d24 from Gamescience though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, these are Koplow from Gamescience, through Amazon. I'm quite pleased with the dice and the service.

      Delete
  2. I picked up a whole bunch of the new dice at a con last year and I loved the new dice feeling it gave me. I've had d30's for a couple decades now...

    ReplyDelete